So I was trying to distract myself last night during the Eagles game and decided to start a new franchise in NBA 2K but with a twist, starting with the 2002-2003 Sixers. How I played was I only make the franchise moves and leave the game to game to the head coach (in this case Larry Brown). I think I may have made a juggernaut.
- In the 02-03 season, I realized what draft was next (LeBron, Wade, Anthony, Bosh) and decided to do whatever I had to for picks. I traded anyone I could not named AI through the course of the season to get picks from the Grizzlies and other bottom feeders. Somehow, some ways, we went 54-28 with AI carrying basically the whole load, the 2nd seed behind the New Orleans Hornets (???), but unfortunately flamed out first round
- Not a worry though because with a combo of lottery luck and trading, we drafted BOTH Wade and Anthony (I couldn't get up to 1 because the Trailblazers really wanted LeBron)
- Then we sign Elton Brand, fill out our bench, move AI to PG (which bumps his overall ironically) so Wade can play in the starting line up and go 73-9
- After a 2nd round scare against the Celtics (of course), we run to the Finals and win
- We then go to the draft lottery with a pick from the Sonics which winds up 2nd. A bit of negotiation with the first overall pick (Jazz), we end up trading 2, 30 and a bench player for the 1st overall pick and a bench guy we don't re-sign
- Now going into the 2004-2005 season, our starting line up is now AI, Wade, Anthony, Brand, and Dwight Howard.