In today’s episode of “No Particular Hurry” Dave Early chats with Derek Bodner, Senior Writer for The Athletic.
In the pod they get into:
- Unpacking why Jimmy Butler isn’t here. How would Derek weight the different factors?
- If the Sixers had offered Butler a full 5 year max would he have taken it or would he have preferred a four year max in Miami instead?
- Could the Sixers be on the precipice of wasting the primes of their two stars?
- Do you have any long-term concerns about Ben Simmons’ health? Would you reduce his minutes next year?
- Has GM Elton Brand been the top voice in this front office over the last 2 years?
- Do you think Brand will have autonomy moving forward?
- Are the Sixers making FO changes they don’t want to make because of public pressure? Have they done that before?
- Is Managing Partner Josh Harris perhaps a little too trusting of the myriad voices around him?
- Does this complicated Management-Front office collaborative make it difficult to bring in someone like a Daryl Morey?
- A few of Derek’s favorite coaching candidates ... and plenty more!