In today’s episode of ‘No Particular Hurry,’ Dave Early chats with Ben Detrick, co-host of the “Cookies Hoops” podcast, a reporter whose written for The New York Times, Grantland, and who broke The Curious Case of Bryan Colangelo and the Secret Twitter Account story for The Ringer. That piece and the ensuing fallout led to former Sixers’ team President Bryan Colangelo resigning.
During the pod they get into:
- Pickup hoops in the time of Covid-19
- Former-Sixers balling in the bubble
- ‘Would you rather…. Jerami Grant or Tobias Harris?’
- A deep dive into the Sixers’ ‘shadowy cabal’ of decision makers
- A scoop, (!) Ben’s sources on something that what went down between front office and management in the days between his Twitter burner account report and BC resigning.
- We read a couple of tweets from one of the burners and discuss what (if any) insight it provides on current team power dynamics.
- conspiracy theory on the Sixers “inexplicable loyalty” to Colangelo-hired lieutenants, somehow even tied to (dum dum dummm) Adam silver?!
- Is even Joel susceptible to boomer takes like dominating the post and Ben Simmons’ needing to shoot 3s?
- A surprisingly rosy view of how all is not lost with two legit top-tier superstars!
- Who’s better Joel or Ben?
- Would it be better to trade or keep Al Horford?
- And plenty more