Facing the possibility of spending more time in my house than usual, I decided to clean up a bit. An unorganized, cluttered space is bad for the brain. Looking around my bedroom, I zeroed in on my bookshelf, realizing that it was overflowing and that two-thirds of it consisted of books which were already read (or would never be read). I decided I would trade in a few shelves of books for store credit so I could get a few new reads over the coming weeks. However, I put my modest stack of basketball books aside knowing I could find people who would be thrilled to take them off my hands as they too hunker down for the next few days/weeks.
Each day over the next week or so, I’ll be giving away one of six basketball books. But I want to have some fun with it considering we don’t have much else to discuss, so rather than simply hand the books to the first person I come across, I’ll be posting Sixers trivia quizzes. The trivia “quizzes” will be multiple choice and anyone who receives a “passing” grade (7/10) will be entered into a drawing. The winner of the drawing will receive a book mailed directly from me.
All you have to do:
- Check Liberty Ballers daily for a post with a link to the day’s trivia quiz.
- Follow the link to a Google Form which is, of course, the quiz.
- Enter your Liberty Ballers username in the space provided at the start of the quiz so that I can enter it into the drawing should you qualify.
- Complete the quiz, await post with correct answers and winner announcement.
If you want to take the quiz but you are not a Liberty Ballers community member with a username name, well, sign up! Go to the comments and simply click register or sign up, whatever it says, and join the conversation. But if you really just like passing through and simply want to take the quiz to pass the time, or you are not interested in entering the drawing, just enter “none” in the username space.
All I ask is that you adhere to the honor system on this, keep it fun and competitive.
EDIT***: After thinking it over, I’ve decided you can enter the drawing with your email if you do not have an LB username.
- The Last Shot: City Steets, Basketball Dreams by Darcy Frey
- The Wizard of Odds: How Jack Molinas Almost Destroyed the Game of Basketball by Charley Rosen
- Heaven is a Playground by Rick Telander
- The Breaks of the Game by David Halberstam
- Basketball (And Other Things) by Shea Serrano
- Thinking Basketball by Ben Taylor
Have at it here. Depending on the results, I’ll adjust the difficulty in future quizzes.