In the past, we’ve gotten the community involved in the NBA Draft discussion typically by conducting a communal vote for big board rankings. This made a lot of sense during a period in which the Sixers consistently picked in the lottery. However, in this year’s draft, the Sixers are not in the lottery and will not be making a selection (barring trades) until the 24th overall pick. So rather than build a communal big board that could start to get a little wonky by the 20s, we’re going to try something a little different this year: a community mock draft.
How it will work
- Below is a Google form. If you are interested in participating, fill out the form. It will ask you for 8 responses (6 of which are mandatory): your LB username, an email to contact you*, your 1st team choice, your 2nd team choice, your 3rd team choice, your 4th & 5th team choice, and whether you’d like to be assigned a team if none of your team preferences are available.
- *I understand if you do not wish to give an email address. However, I’ve decided that the most efficient way to do this is via email thread. If you want to participate but do not wish to give your email, the best suggestion I can offer is to make a new random email address on Google. I promise not to use your listed email for any other purpose than the mock draft.
- Team assignments will be made on a first come, first serve basis. For example, if two people list the Sixers as their 1st choice on the form, the person who submitted their form at 1:01 will get the Sixers over the person who submitted their form at 1:02. The person who submitted at 1:02 will receive one of their secondary choices if they are available.
- As mentioned, the draft will be conducted over email in a thread including all 30 participants, plus me, serving as commissioner. It will take place over a two-day period, from June 17th to June 18th. We’ll start each of those days at 9:00 am. Each pick will get 45 minutes on the clock, meaning the first 15 picks on June 17th will last from 9:00 am to about 9:00 pm, and the second 15 picks will occur on June 18th from 9:00 am to about 9:00 pm. (All times EST.) I will announce the start of the draft each of those days, and the 45 minutes per pick will start at the time stamp of each preceding email pick (announcement of commencement for the 1st and 16th picks).
- We will draft only the first round.
- Trades are legal, but as commissioner, I reserve the right to veto any trade that doesn’t comply with the rules of the league/CBA. For the noble one who selects a pick-less team (for example, the Sacramento Kings) you are allowed to try to trade to acquire a pick. If not, we appreciate your participation anyways!
- Once the teams are assigned, I will give more detail to those 30 brave souls.
If the embedded form above is not displaying properly for you, you can open the form in a separate page here.
If you have any questions, post them in the forum below and I will answer as quickly as I can.
- Atlanta Hawks have been claimed. (Patience&Courage)
- Boston Celtics have been claimed. (Jojotheprocessembiid)
- Philadelphia 76ers have been claimed. (lvilotti12)
- San Antonio Spurs have been claimed. (London76ersFan)
- New York Knicks have been claimed. (Llamky)
- Portland Trail Blazers have been assigned. (Tmendinsky10)
- Minnesota Timberwolves have been claimed. (Adam Aaronson)
- Cleveland Cavaliers have been claimed. (Antspin76)
- Charlotte Hornets have been claimed. (pastytakes)
- Orlando Magic have been claimed. (fitz164)
- Phoenix Suns have been claimed. (Makarp)
- New Orleans Pelicans have been claimed. (dannypodolsky21)
- Los Angeles Lakers have been claimed. (chewy wellington)
- Brooklyn Nets have been claimed. (Paul Douglas “Doug” Collins)
- Memphis Grizzlies have been claimed. (gramercy riffs)
- Chicago Bulls have been claimed. (Bilbo_Swaggins)