We’re in the final games of the regular season, which means a handful of teams have their season on the line and a handful of teams have nothing at all on the line (and of course, a handful of teams with draft positioning on the line). The Sixers are part of the latter of the two, and so we’re due to see a few players resting in tonight’s game versus the Miami Heat.
- Joel Embiid is out. Klaus Hinkie is having dietary issues, so Joel did not take the flight as to be with his ailing companion. In other news, Anne de Paula reportedly has “an infuriating inability to put away leftovers”. Related: Joel Embiid to replace rugs in apartment.
- JJ Redick is out. According to sources, Redick is concerned with the level of social media activity that will be going on at tonight’s game, given that it will be Dwyane Wade’s final home game. He wishes to avoid appearing in any Snap Chats falling for pump fakes.
- Mike Scott is out with lower back tightness. He recently commented on a post of a mattress in the Fishtown-NoLibs Yard Sale Facebook group asking “still available??”
- James Ennis III is out with a right quad contusion.
- Jonah Bolden is questionable. He has knee soreness- it is real- I think.
- Furkan Korkmaz, who has not played since February 12th, is available for tonight’s game.
We’ll continue to update this post if we receive anymore pregame news on the availability of Sixers players.