Since we’ve hit the doldrums of the NBA offseason and have been yelling at each other about the same topics for a good month or so, it’s a good time to introduce some fresh blood into the conversation. So along with Tyler Tynes, I linked up with the crew at the Limited Upside podcast (SB Nation’s Mike Prada and Ben Epstein) to talk about a variety of Sixers-centric topics.
Believe it or not, I was the most cautious of the Philadelphia trio on this podcast, which was definitely a change of pace, since I’m not exactly Mr. Restraint over here. But Prada gave us a bunch of off-beat topics for us to run through, a list of which you’ll find below.
- How will Markelle Fultz, Ben Simmons, and Joel Embiid mesh?
- What should 76ers fans expect from Simmons this year? How much does his perimeter shooting actually matter?
- Would you rather have Joel Embiid stay healthy for five straight years, or not have to pay taxes during that same time period?
- What were some developments that the national media missed that'll matter for this year?
- Why Tyler believes the 76ers' decision to prevent Sevyn Streeter from singing the national anthem in a "We Matter" jersey was so troubling, even if they tried to rectify the situation. (If you don't know what this is about, read this, or this)
- Does anything make 76ers fans nervous about the future? Ben talks about Jahlil Okafor, while Tyler notes the team's lack of transparency with injuries.
- Would you rather the organization re-hire Billy King as Bryan Colangelo's No. 2, or replace Brett Brown with Doug Collins? (Sorry, you have to choose)
- Which jersey should fans buy first: Fultz or Simmons?
- Say the 76ers are told that their fans are no longer allowed to use the phrase "The Process" or "Trust the Process." What should be the new 76ers fan slogan?
- Your all-time 76ers banana boat
This was a fun one. Take a listen to the podcast below: