“Oh, you’re a Sixers fan? Did you even watch their Las Vegas Summer League game against the Spurs on July 9, 2017?”
I’m going to ask that question to someone in a bar at some point in the next five years because I had to sit through a 10:30 p.m. EST game on a Sunday night and watch this bad boy. I will shame you all for not tuning in for this one, a 101-95 Spurs win, at the victory parade in 2020.
Some quick takeaways from this game:
- Furkan Korkmaz? Good looking guy. I’m getting my haircut this week. I want my hair/beard to come out looking like his after the fact.
- Jonah Bolden has a classic “motor” and I don’t care if it’s a dumb cliche at this point because I love him for it.
- The Sixers have a guy wearing no. 31. I didn’t even know the dude’s name. I spent the entire game calling him “Hollis Thompson” and praying that if I said it enough, it would become true.
- Huffington Post commentator Michael Levin was on the “bongo cam” at the Thomas & Mac Center.
- Brett Brown looked like he hasn’t slept in four days. Maybe he hasn’t even slept these last four years.
- Korkmaz did this in the fourth quarter. I wish he waited one more year because of the minutes crunch, but, man, he could be fine:
OKAY FURKAN. #SummerSixers pic.twitter.com/AkS7GdtChK— Philadelphia 76ers (@sixers) July 10, 2017