|2015-2016 NBA REGULAR SEASON|
|February 6th, 2016|
|CSN Philly/Marc Zumoff, Alaa Abdelnaby, and Molly Sullivan|
|Donald Sloan||PG||T.J. McConnell|
|Wayne Ellington||SG||Nik Stauskas|
|Joe Johnson||SF||Robert Covington|
|Thad Young||PF||Nerlens Noel|
|Brook Lopez||C||Jahlil Okafor|
|2015/16 ADVANCED STATS|
|96.8 (20th)||PACE||100.0 (6th)|
|99.1 (28th)||OFF EFF||94.2 (30th)|
|106.4 (27th)||DEF EFF||104.7 (19th)|
"Is Jah going to start out and defend Thad at the 4?"— Rich Hofmann (@rich_hofmann) February 6, 2016
Brett: I don't know.
Brett: I do know, but I'm not saying.
- The late Darryl Dawkins will be honored at halftime of tonight's contest. It seems unceremonious to honor such a colorful, boisterous figure in a game matching two of the league's most dreadful offensive units, but it's still a Saturday night game after all.
- Neither team comes into tonight's contest in particularly good form. The Sixers have lost four straight since completing the season sweep against Phoenix, and though the Nets topped the Kings last night, they're 2-10 in their last 12 games. Somebody has to break out of their funk (I guess)
- The Nets are just two games ahead of the Lakers in the lotto standings, which is good from a "keeping the Lakers pick" perspective, bad from a "damn it, the Celtics might get Ben Simmons" perspective
- Can Noel and Okafor keep up their efficient play? Over the last 10 games (Okafor has participated in eight), they're shooting 61.3 percent and 56.6 percent from the field respectively. The increased efficiency stems from a variety of causes -- Ish Smith, staggering minutes, shouldering lighter loads -- but is a welcome sign regardless of the root.
- Ish Smith will not play tonight. Going to need some intervention from a higher power.
- There are a couple Sixers podcasts for you to listen to from this week. I hopped on with Derek, Rich and Max to talk about a wide variety of Sixers + pizza topics on this week's Sixers Beat, while Mike and Spike chatted about Blake Griffin and coming to grips with Jahlil Okafor on this week's edition of the Ricky. The latter is embedded below because Levin is still the supreme blog overlord despite what he tells you people: