Welcome back to Casual Friday Sixers Links.
• The Sixers made a lot of moves at the trade deadline so you know that can only mean one thing: morning takes are here and they are PIPING HOT. No confirmation to the rumor that Deadspin's resident Seth MacFarlane fan is cooking up a take so hot it will hold in its very hands the power of human immolation. But we at CajFri only concern ourselves in the interesting, logical, and well-thoughtout posts. Cold takes, if you will. So sit back, relax, and enjoy a collection of hot take free Sixers reads! All, uh, two of them?
• Missing you, KJ's Mom
• Liberty Ballers
effete snob writer Michael Baumann has a new book coming out! It is called Philadelphia Phenoms: The Most Amazing Athletes to Play in the City of Brotherly Love and can be purchased now on Amazon.com and local bookstores. If you are on the fence about buying it or would just like a tease, Baumann was kind of enough to publish an excerpt exclusively on LB. Check it out, and though he missed a huge opportunity in not profiling Cenk Akyol.
• Many people have asked many blog leaders over the years if they could change their SB Nation username because there was no manual way to do it yourself. Now you can manually change your username one time without having to ask any higher-up to do it for you. Click on this Blog Huddle link for specific instructions on how to change your username.
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• For new post updates and draft commentary from our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers, and be the first to know the next time LB gets a Twitter shoutout from Molly Sullivan. Also, like us on Facebook here!
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
Matt Carey (@RealMattCarey)
Kyle Neubeck (@KyleNeubeck)
Sohil Doshi (@Sohil_Doshi)
Blogger emeritus/still part-time blogger: Michael Levin (@Michael_Levin)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
The Charles Barkley Trade That Never Happened - Roy Burton
Sam Hinkie would have made the trade work if he wasn't a teenager conducting experiments of a different variety.
The Secrets Behind The Sixers' Burgeoning Defense - Jake Fischer
And most of them are still Sixers!
How Sam Hinkie Is Smarter Than You - Jake Pavorsky
The timing of this piece is performance art.
Sixers Will Not Buy Out JaVale McGee After Trade Deadline Deal, Yay - Michael Levin
He'll be Actual Sixer JaVale McGee! If only the same could also be said for Hasheem Thabeet.
Why The K.J. McDaniels Trade Is Confusing - Jake Pavorsky
This post will be great for when trolls come by and claim LB does nothing but worship at the altar of Hinkie.
And so much more coming up later today. If it's Sixers #content you seek, you'll be impressed with our #brand.
SIXERS AND OTHER BASKETBALL-RELATED LINKS:
Rights To Ricky Sanchez Podcast: 2015 Trade Deadline, Sixers Go Bonkers - SpikeEskin.com
Included in this podcast is information on the LB 2015 Draft Lottery Party. Get hype!
Every NBA trade completed this season - SB Nation
Given the high volume of trades over an absurdly short period of time, you may have missed something.
How the Suns (and Goran ) set the NBA trade deadline on fire - SB Nation
One thing leads to another thing leads to another thing leads to Chu Chu Maduabum. And another chain of events led to the MCW trade.
Lightning Round: NBA Trade Deadline Day, Where WTF Happens - Grantland
Bill Simmons: "Sam Hinkie totally outwitted us." Preserved on the internet forever.
Grading The Trades: Sixers ship out MCW and McDaniels at buzzer of crazy trade deadline - Philly Voice
Former writer of and forever friend of LB Rich Hofmann weighs in on today's proceedings.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!