Ben Franklin discovered electricity, this dog's dunks are electrifying. https://t.co/3N1XXv0LQg— Franklin (@SixersFranklin) February 10, 2015
I voted for the Franklin in the first pic, but remember... #ForKidsByKids. Blogger Emeritus Mike Levin already wrote at length about the Sixers' new mascot (a twerking blue dog), and as Sean O'Connor pointed out, "the Sixers mascot may now bark, but the team still has no bite."
Thank goodness Robert Covington was there. Otherwise, the New York City class of 2025 would be filled with hundreds of kids who couldn't shoot.
Dr. J'a stunned reaction to Zach LaVine's dunk. https://t.co/Vt3CenCa8C— Adam Lefkoe (@AdamLefkoe) February 15, 2015
When you meet her at the Starbucks and find out that she looks nothing like the picture you saw on Tinder...
ICYMI, Zach LaVine's first dunk in last night's Sprite Slam Dunk contest placed Julius "Dr. J" Erving in a catatonic state. Thankfully, several first responders in the Barclays Center were able to revive Erving with smelling salts, and the competition was able to continue.
LaVine's homage to Space Jam - complete with the backing vocals of the Quad City DJs - was so thunderous, it broke Walt Frazier's iPad and forced the judges to resort to the old school cards.
(Editor's note: That's not actually true. As is the case with most adults on the doorstep of 70, Frazier had zero idea how to use his judging tablet, and needed assistance from the young, spry, 66-year-old Tiny Archibald. I have personal experience with this: I bought my mom a Kindle for Christmas, and it took a bit of time before she figured out how to navigate the thing. Now? She crushes "Family Feud" on the regular.)
When you like her, but she doesn't know that you exist, but you still want to get her some flowers or candy or a card or a teddy bear for Valentine's Day, but you think she's going out with someone else and you don't want to end up looking like a gump...
(Side note: How crazy is it that a guy named Denzel Valentine hit a game-winning shot to upset Ohio State on Valentine's Day?)
All-Time Valentine Power Rankings
1) Billy Ray
2) Greg "The Hammer"
4) Vincent (from "Final Fantasy VII")
5) Skeeter (from "Doug")
Philadelphia 76ers (@Sixers) February 11, 2015
Speaking of Valentine's Day, three-point marksman Robert Covington took a trip down to Jewelers' Row last week to scoop a gift for a special someone. A few thoughts:
1) I dig Bobby Buckets, but the fact that the "Lord Covington" nickname hasn't caught on yet is starting to trouble me.
2) Is that the same limousine Golden Nuggets used to pick A.I. up back when he made his jewelry runs in the late '90s?
3) It's great that RoCo has someone special in his life who he gave a nine-carat diamond tennis bracelet to, but that's setting the bar rather high early on in the relationship. Pro tip: Always start out on the lower end on the gift scale so that you can get progressively better with each passing year. For example, if you've been with your significant other for less than three months, you could have easily gotten away with giving them a box a candy and a copy of that new Drake mixtape for Valentine's Day.
4) I know the Sixers and Golden Nuggets Jewelry have a partnership, but if Covington REALLY wanted to score a deal, he should have gone to L.L. Pavorsky Jewels and Gifts.
Charles Barkley - Fashion show judge. pic.twitter.com/tve7NAXGzd— Roy Burton (@TheBSLine) February 15, 2015
Not going to lie... my second favorite part of All-Star Weekend so far was the LeBron James-produced NBA Fashion Show that premiered on TNT last night. And when I think fashion (and analytics), the first name that comes to mind is Charles Wade Barkley.
Kenny Smith ready to risk it all. pic.twitter.com/YoMQLbDZBz— Gluten-Free Justin (@WauGasol) February 15, 2015
When you're about to throw it all away for someone who looks like Melissa Joan Hart before you realize that it's not Melissa Joan Hart, but rather a woman who hosted some shows on VH1 that you never knew existed, but you don't even care because it's All-Star Weekend and what happens in New York stays in New York...
Enjoy the All-Star Game, everyone.