Welcome to another edition of Casual Friday Sixers Links!
• His trade was always going to be a necessary inevitability, but man it's going to be sad watching the Sixers this season without Thad Young. All the best to him in Minnesota.
• Missing you, Thad Young :'(
• Many people have asked many blog leaders over the years if they could change their SB Nation username because there was no manual way to do it yourself. Now you can manually change your username one time without having to ask any higher-up to do it for you. Click on this Blog Huddle link for specific instructions on how to change your username.
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• For new post updates and draft commentary from our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers, and be the first to know the next time LB gets a Twitter shoutout from Molly Sullivan.
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann, Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
Matt Carey (@RealMattCarey)
Kyle Neubeck (@NeubeckNBA)
Sohil Doshi (@Sohil_Doshi)
Blogger emeritus/still part-time blogger: Michael Levin (@Michael_Levin)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
Goodbye Thad Young posts: Goodbye, Thaddeus Young: Former Sixer and Golden Boy of a Bland Era (Jake Fischer), The Thaddeus Young Trade Was An OK But Sobering Exchange (Derek Bodner), Why The Thaddeus Young Trade Was A Good Move (Matt Carey)
Reflecting on the Anthony Bennett Sixers Era - Michael Levin
We'll always have "what if?"
Remember This Guy: Hasheem Thabeet - Dave Rueter
We'll always have those 10 seconds. 10 Seconds of Summer. That should be a band name.
Explaining My Thing For European Players - Michael Baumann
Baumann's Basketball Bible
SIXERS AND OTHER BASKETBALL-RELATED LINKS:
Joel Embiid needs to be Union's permanent honorary captain - The 700 Level
All "what if Joel Embiid played soccer posts" I have brainstormed in the past week have become an endless line of Peter Crouch jokes.
Sixers GM wants Joel Embiid to take over his Twitter account - USA Today
I want Joel Embiid to take over my Twitter.
How the Sixers did - and didn't - turn a profit last year - NBA.DerekBodner.com
And an explanation of the Hasheem Thabeet trade and what the Sixers got out of it.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to avoid stepping on bees after threading) and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!