Welcome to the first and last ever edition of Casual Monday Sixers Links!
• You know what's perfectly fine? Not being able to blog because you are on vacation! You know what's not perfectly fine? Not being able to blog because you are sick with a fever! Sorry this is a few days late, but shivering with a fever is not my ideal state of being for blogging. But I feel fine now and am ready and able to crank out a Monday edition of Casual [Insert Day Of The Week Here] Sixers Links.
• HEY BIG NEWS! LIKE, MASSIVE GINORMOUS NEWS THAT CONCERNS YOU, THE COMMENTER, AND SB NATION! Many people have asked many blog leaders over the years if they could change their SB Nation username because there was no manual way to do it yourself. Now you can manually change your username one time without having to ask any higher-up to do it for you. Click on this Blog Huddle link for specific instructions on how to change your name.
• Missing you, Pierre Jackson. Get well soon, please!
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• For new post updates and draft commentary from our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers, and be the first to know the next time LB gets a Twitter shoutout from Molly Sullivan.
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Mike Levin (@Michael_Levin)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann, Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
Matt Carey (@RealMattCarey)
Kyle Neubeck (@NeubeckNBA)
Sohil Doshi (@Sohil_Doshi)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
Getting To Know Joel Embiid: A Primer For 76ers Fans - Kyle Neubeck
Forget Joel Embiid the basketball player, Joel Embiid drinks pink lemonade by the gallon. PINK LEMONADE! BY THE GALLON!
Sixers Owners Willingness To Take Risks Countered By Phillies Reluctance - Michael Levin
Let's check in with the The Good Phight.
Nerlens Noel impresses in NBA (Summer League) debut - Jake Fischer
Remember the lesson here: Patience pays off. Remember it well, for it may be needed again.
76ers' Sunday Morning Shootaround: The Summer League Edition - Roy Burton
That Pierre Jackson Instagram post. So rough.
SIXERS AND OTHER BASKETBALL-RELATED LINKS:
What can Yao, Jordan foot injuries tell Sixers about Embiid? - Philly.com
Embiid will either be the best center ever or he will grow another seven inches.
The Nerlens Noel we dreamed of shows up in Summer League - SB Nation
Want another Nerlens feature? Of course you do!
Rights To Ricky Sanchez Podcast: NBA Draft Part 2 (You've Been Hinkied) - SpikeEskin.com
Hinkied. Coming to Merriam-Webster shortly.
Jeremy Lin trade market shapes up as Rockets try to create maximum cap space - SB Nation
I'm already excited about the assets that may come with Lin.
Sam Hinkie basically admitted he reads Bill Simmons' Grantland column - CSN Philly
Non-zero chance Hinkie did this for a "shots fired" moment.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to cover your mouth if you sneeze while threading) and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!