My favorite part about KJ McDaniels mom is that she booed the half court gift card shot. And yelled for a free throw shooter to hurry up.— jordan eichenblatt (@JEichenblatt) December 22, 2014
We already wrote about the "K.J.'s Mom Game" here on Liberty Ballers, but when a family member yells loud enough to be heard on the CSN Philly feed, I feel as though it merits special attention.
I'm usually not one to tell tales out of school, but there may or may not have been declarations of love re: Mama McDaniels in the private LB email chain during last week's Sixers/Magic tilt. For the record, I would like to start an Internet campaign that would put me in a seat next to K.J.'s mom for an entire game so that I can document the proceedings. Mama McDaniels: If you're reading this right now, have your people call my people (Jake Pavorsky, freshman, University of Maryland).
ALL-TIME PHILADELPHIA SPORTS MOMS POWER RANKINGS
1) Ann Iverson
2) Shawn McDaniels
3) Wilma McNabb (if she had tried to pitch that disgusting Progresso soup instead of Chunky, her ranking would have been significantly lower)
453) Bonnie Lindros
According to a dating app called Hinge (don't feel bad - I've never heard of it, either), the Philadelphia 76ers have the 9th-most attractive workforce in the City of Brotherly Love.
Sure... the debonair stylings of Brett Brown have a little something to do with that ranking, but the biggest driver is the fact that the team/company is ranked 3rd overall when it comes to the attractiveness of their female employees.
The Sixers aren't stupid: Good-looking people sell more than people who look like me, and they have a hell of a lot of tickets that they need to unload over the next four months. Real talk, though: You could hire Beyonce, Kate Upton, and the future Mrs. Tanner Steidel Nathalie Emmanuel, and there's no way you'll get me in the building for that titillating Sixers-Pistons contest coming up on March 18.
Anyways... If you're single and looking to mingle, take a trip down to the Navy Yard one of these days and throw up a half-court heave of love. The worst that can happen is that you'll be charged with trespassing and escorted off of the premises.
(Editor's Note: Liberty Ballers would be No. 1 on this list, but a lot of us don't actually live in the city of Philadelphia. Well... that and the fact that "employers" typically "pay" the people who work for them. Meanwhile, Levin still owes me a "Pressure Makes Diamonds" T-shirt from two years ago.)
Somewhere, World B. Free has already begun designing his suit for next Christmas.
✈️We All We Got✈️ pic.twitter.com/1JjauFsyx2— Tony Wroten (@TWroten_LOE) December 22, 2014
1) Check the vintage Dikembe Mutombo T-shirt on Luc Richard Mbah a Moute. For what it's worth, every player on the active roster save for LRMAM was either a toddler or wasn't even born when the first Mutombo shoes dropped in the early '90s. BTW, this Mutombo commercial is everything.
2) Note the bag of Sun Chips in the overhead compartment. During the Doug Collins/Kwame Brown Era, players would bring Krispy Kremes and Chik-Fil-A onto the team plane. I'm not saying, I'm just saying...
3) Ironic that JaKarr Sampson, YOUR STARTING SHOOTING GUARD, is the person farthest away from the camera. Even the players know what the proper hierarchy on this team should be.
4) Missing you, Andrei Kirilenko.
5) While he didn't use the Kelvin or the 1977 filter, I applaud Ronny Turiaf's ability to fit everyone into this shot. He was the one who snapped the photo, right?
Starting to like snapchat— Arnett moultrie (@amoultrie) December 25, 2014
Looks like the Sixers traded him just in time...
K.J. McDAYUMiels— Philadelphia 76ers (@Sixers) December 24, 2014
Although this tweet is horrendous, I appreciate the fact that the @Sixers twitter handle has evolved into one of more entertaining social media accounts in all of professional sports. Remember... we're less than two years removed from this:
And now, there are gems like this:
4 min. to go: Sixers , Grizzlies 92.— Philadelphia 76ers (@Sixers) December 14, 2014
Just imagine what we'll see when the team is actually good. Right now, we get Vines of Joel Embiid doing the Shmoney Dance. In 2016, we'll get memes of Joel Embiid's head Photoshopped onto this picture of Marshawn Lynch diving into the endzone while holding his Skittles.
But seriously though... that "K.J. McDAYUMiels" post is the worst tweet in the history of Twitter.
Die Hard is overrated. Merry Christmas Philadelphia!— Spike Eskin (@SpikeEskin) December 25, 2014
I stand corrected.