Welcome back to Casual Friday Sixers Links.
• I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday filled with lots of family fun and not a lot of family members telling you a thing about Ferguson and Eric Garner.
• Missing you, Santa Claus.
• Liberty Ballers
effete snob writer Michael Baumann has a new book coming out! It is called Philadelphia Phenoms: The Most Amazing Athletes to Play in the City of Brotherly Love and can be purchased now on Amazon.com and local bookstores. If you are on the fence about buying it or would just like a tease, Baumann was kind of enough to publish an excerpt exclusively on LB. Check it out!
• Many people have asked many blog leaders over the years if they could change their SB Nation username because there was no manual way to do it yourself. Now you can manually change your username one time without having to ask any higher-up to do it for you. Click on this Blog Huddle link for specific instructions on how to change your username.
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• For new post updates and draft commentary from our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers, and be the first to know the next time LB gets a Twitter shoutout from Molly Sullivan. Also, like us on Facebook here!
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
Matt Carey (@RealMattCarey)
Kyle Neubeck (@KyleNeubeck)
Sohil Doshi (@Sohil_Doshi)
Blogger emeritus/still part-time blogger: Michael Levin (@Michael_Levin)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
Sixers Swag: Dave and Roy Go Shopping on eBay (vol. 4); Holiday Edition - Dave Rueter and Roy Burton
BALLS! BALLS! BALLS! BALLS! BALLS!.....................BALLS!
To Shved, With Love - Michael Baumann
"This got dark rather quickly." - Sean O'Connor
Sixers vs Magic Recap: That's My Son - Matt Carey
K.J. McDaniels's Mom is kind of proud of her offspring.
The 76ers Reportedly Want Andrei Kirilenko To Play Despite Personal Matters - Sean O'Connor
MSM columnist who occasionally covers Philadelphia hockey writes xenophobic column about Russian athlete. The sun rose in the East this morning.
"MistleJoe Smith": Your Guide To Time-Honored Sixers Christmas Traditions - Michael Levin
Thanks to the Nutecracker my youngest cousin now bears a striking resemblance to Sandor Clegane.
SIXERS AND OTHER BASKETBALL-RELATED LINKS:
Rights To Ricky Sanchez Podcast: A Very Sixers Christmas - SpikeEskin.com
Soon to be named the Rights To Sergei Lishouk Podcast.
Spencer Hawes is rocking the finest Christmas suit you've ever seen - SB Nation
You can't convince me Levin did not buy that for him.
5 indisputable truths about the NBA so far this season - SB Nation
"[Being a half-game worse than the Sixers] is a major embarrassment for New York [Knicks]" THANK YOU GOOD NIGHT
Watch Joel Embiid sing Miley Cyrus, "ride" a wrecking ball - The 700 Level
He can't stop, he won't stop
Bryant overcomes rib injury to help Lakers - ESPN
Re-live December 25, 2001, the last time the Sixers played a game on Christmas day.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!