Welcome back to Casual Friday Sixers Links.
• Liberty Ballers
effete snob writer Michael Baumann has a new book coming out! It is called Philadelphia Phenoms: The Most Amazing Athletes to Play in the City of Brotherly Love and can be purchased now on Amazon.com and local bookstores. If you are on the fence about buying it or would just like a tease, Baumann was kind of enough to publish an excerpt exclusively on LB. Check it out!
• Missing you, Casper Ware.
• Many people have asked many blog leaders over the years if they could change their SB Nation username because there was no manual way to do it yourself. Now you can manually change your username one time without having to ask any higher-up to do it for you. Click on this Blog Huddle link for specific instructions on how to change your username.
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• For new post updates and draft commentary from our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers, and be the first to know the next time LB gets a Twitter shoutout from Molly Sullivan. Also, like us on Facebook here!
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann, Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
Matt Carey (@RealMattCarey)
Kyle Neubeck (@KyleNeubeck)
Sohil Doshi (@Sohil_Doshi)
Blogger emeritus/still part-time blogger: Michael Levin (@Michael_Levin)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
The Sixers Don't Need "Basketball People" Like Larry Brown - Kyle Neubeck
LB commenter pheenom sums it up perfectly.
76ers Sunday Morning Shootaround: The Allen Iverson as Assistant GM Edition - Roy Burton
But for real Allen Iverson could do a better job than Larry Brown.
NBA Rookie Rankings, Week 1: The ROY might be determined by playing time - Sean O'Connor
Elfrid Payton will always be number one in my heart.
Turnovers, Floor Spacing Wreck Havoc On Sixers Defense - Derek Bodner
Also, Tony Wroten is ridiculous in all the most Sixers ways possible.
SIXERS AND OTHER BASKETBALL-RELATED LINKS:
Yo, Who Are These Guys?: Another Sixers Explainer - HP Basketball
I guess this means Literally A Chair got cut. Such a shame. He really held his position well and stood strong underneath the rim.
Sixers' Road Ahead - Philly.com
I'm beginning to think my prediction of five Sixers wins before Christmas was all a tad optimistic.
Beneath a Pile of Losses, the Philadelphia 76ers Seek a Formula for Victory - New York Times
Formula? Because the Sixers are math-minded? Get it? I'll show myself out.
Even the Celtics' announcers are irked with Evan Turner - The 700 Level
It takes a special kind of terrible to annoy Tommy Heinsohn, and Evan Turner is that special kind of terrible.
A Streetcar Named Basketball - SB Nation
Some New Orleans pro basketball longform for those interested in a little history and/or still pine for Jrue Holiday and want to know more about where he plays now
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!