Welcome back to Casual Friday Sixers Links.
• Derek has returned from vacation and so has the L-Beat. You should bookmark it.
• Bill Simmons has returned from his three-week suspension, and though he gets a lot of crap around these parts, the sports world is much better with him around and his three-week suspension was downright absurd. That's right folks. I don't totally hate Bill Simmons. Come at me, haters!
• Rest in peace Arthur Embiid
• Many people have asked many blog leaders over the years if they could change their SB Nation username because there was no manual way to do it yourself. Now you can manually change your username one time without having to ask any higher-up to do it for you. Click on this Blog Huddle link for specific instructions on how to change your username.
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• For new post updates and draft commentary from our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers, and be the first to know the next time LB gets a Twitter shoutout from Molly Sullivan. Also, like us on Facebook here!
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann, Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
Matt Carey (@RealMattCarey)
Kyle Neubeck (@KyleNeubeck)
Sohil Doshi (@Sohil_Doshi)
Blogger emeritus/still part-time blogger: Michael Levin (@Michael_Levin)
LIBERTY BALLERS TOP 5:
17 Days Till Sixers: You Are What You Watch - Sohil Doshi
Would this make Spencer Hawes actually Glenn Beck?
Philadelphia 76ers 2014-15 SB Nation Preview: Together We Continue To Build - Roy Burton
Your on-the-run Sixers season preview
Dario Saric's Tricky Contract Situation - Derek Bodner
Dario will cheer up after exploring Istanbul some more. Or at least he should. Istanbul's an amazing city.
Michael Carter-Williams Will Probably Not Miss 50 Games - Matt Carey
An NBC "Pro[SportsName]Talk" site contains a misleading headline with an even more misleading headline why I never would have thought
Dario Saric Performs Well In Euroleague Debut - Jake Pavorsky
"He started off his day with a real smooth jump shot from just inside three point range...His offensive highlight of the day came on an ISO play from the top of the key" Place your hands where we can see them, Doug.
SIXERS AND OTHER BASKETBALL-RELATED LINKS:
Jesus, Have You Looked At The 76ers' Roster? - Deadspin
"hollis thompson looks like he's at the midpoint between laughing at the sixers roster and the dawning realization that it's not a prank"
Predict your favorite NBA team's record this season - SB Nation
I wrote-in 21 wins because I am an optimist.
33 Crazy Predictions for the NBA Season - Grantland
From Zach Lowe, lots of Sixers stuff in here.
Brown wants Sixers to reach out to Embiid - Philly.com
Ending on a somber note...
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Saturday!