The Sixers were manhandled by the Atlanta Hawks on Friday night. It wasn't pretty. Except for pretty boring. Final score: Hawks 125, Sixers 99. The Sixers couldn't even win some free Big Macs.
The sole bright spot of the Sixers starters was Thaddeus Young. Thad poured in 29 points, including 23 in the first half. He also finished with 8 rebounds and 5 steals. Simply put, Thad rocked. The same can't be said for the combination of Evan Turner/Spencer Hawes/James Anderson, who combined to go 5-21 for 12 points. Yuck. In a very un-Nick-Folesian performance, the Sixers turned the ball over a whopping 21 times.
For the Hawks, old friend Elton Brand (Sugar Bear!) chipped in with 18 points and 8 boards off the bench. That's a season high in points for the Old School Chevy.
The Sixers fall to 15-32 on the season.
NBA Trade Deadline Countdown: 19 days, 9 games.
Hawks vs 76ers coverage
- When the Sixers Win the Championship in 2017: Which Current Player Will Be on the Team?
- Sixers core of Michael Carter-Williams, Nerlens Noel and Brett Brown bonded by New England Roots
- A Stern Farewell: Saying Goodbye to David Stern
- Liberty Ballers Q+A: Marc Zumoff Reflects on the Sixers' Past and Looks Forward to the Team's Future
- NBA All-Star Game: Should Sixers Be Represented?