Welcome to another edition of Casual Friday Sixers Links!
• The only sports team with the letters C, E, L, T, and I in them I know of are Celtic F.C. of the Scottish Premier League. That basketball team from Boston is a figment of your imagination. They only exist in your nightmares starring Doug Collins. From now until this coming Wednesday we shall treat them as such.
• Missing you, sanity.
• Be on the look out for a lot of cool stuff dropping later today at Liberty Ballers
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• Keep the conversation going with your friends irl, go like the LB Facebook page!
• For new post updates and in-game commentary from one of our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers, and be the first to know the next time LB gets a Twitter shoutout from Molly Sullivan.
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Mike Levin (@Michael_Levin)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann, Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
76ers' Sunday Morning Shootaround: A Night at the Game - Roy Burton
"I've been to a bunch of different arenas, but I've yet to see an Olivia Newton-John 'Let's Get Physical' Cam." Roy's been attending the wrong sporting events.
Dante Exum Declares for 2014 NBA Draft - Michael Levin
Upon his reaching of Dante's peak, this post will be Exumed. And there's plenty more where that came from! An entire LB email chain this week was dedicated to Dante Exum puns. Maybe some writers will share theirs in the comments.....
Liberty Ballers Q+A: Marc Zumoff Reflects on the Sixers' Past and Looks Forward to the Team's Future - Jake Fischer
An exclusive 3400+ word interview with Marc Zumoff? Yes please.
NBA All-Star Game: Should Sixers Be Represented? - Michael Levin
*writes in Brandon Davies*
SIXERS AND OTHER BASKETBALL-RELATED LINKS:
2014 NBA All-Star Rosters, Slam Dunk Contest participants and more - SB Nation
Hollis Thompson got screwed.
Brett Brown's Sixers aren't tanking -- not at all - CSN Philly
Another reminder that tanking occurs at the upper levels of the organization and does not and should never occur at the coaching and player levels.
The 76ers have lost three games in a row at home, so let's look at draft targets - The 700 Level
In lieu of another edition of Rich's fantastic In Lieu Of Jrue series, Andrew Unterberger discusses many of the upcoming prospects of the 2014 Draft.
Youngbloods: Rookie Power Rankings for 1/30/2014 - Sonics Rising
Michael Carter-Williams remains #1, but look who is making his first appearance on this list! It's The Greek Freak!
Mediocrity, Followed by Bitter, Soul-Crushing Disappointment - Slate
This has absolutely nothing to do with the Sixers or basketball, but nonetheless a relatable read from Seattle native and Jeopardy! winner Ken Jennings ahead of this Sunday's Super Bowl.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to wash your hands if you sneeze while threading) and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!