Welcome to another edition of Casual Friday Sixers Links!
• Earlier this week, the Sixers introduced to the world their first Colonial Classics Race. I did not note any appearance Bell, Betsy, and Ben during the Charlotte game Wednesday night, but this is real, and this may be a thing of the future. Roy covered this in this week's Shootaround, and it gets a special mention here because oh my gosh the Sixers actually brought out racing mascots. And those costumes....omg.
• Missing you, Hip Hop.
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• Keep the conversation going with your friends irl, go like the LB Facebook page!
• For new post updates and in-game commentary from one of our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers, and be the first to know the next time LB gets a Twitter shoutout from Molly Sullivan.
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Mike Levin (@Michael_Levin)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann, Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
The "In Lieu of Jrue" NBA Prospect Watch, The Ocho - Rich Hofmann
Come for Rich's outstanding analysis, stay for Dave's take on Notre Dame prospects.
ESPN's Lottery Mock Draft And How Lady Luck Fell - Jake Pavorsky
You will run this simulation over 1000 times in course of the next five months and you will love it.
76ers' Sunday Morning Shootaround: The Kevin Hart Edition - Roy Burton
But really it's the racing mascots edition.
Jason Richardson Will Play This Year According To Jason Richardson - Michael Levin
Your monthly Jason Richardson is still a Sixer reminder.
Miami heat Trade Sixers' 2014 Protected First Round Pick To Boston - Jake Fischer
And with the 3rd pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, the Sixers select Marshall Henderson.
How analytics grade draft prospects (part 1) - fortisanima
In case you missed this in the FanPosts section, make sure you check this out looking at what specific skills translate well from the college game to the NBA.
CourtVision: The Worst Shooters So Far - Grantland
Starring Michael Carter-Williams and Tony Wroten!
Tank or not, it's about the quality of your GM and luck - SB Nation
For the "tanking does a team no good at all" crowd.
DraftExpress: NBA Draft Prospect of the Week: Thanasis Antetokounmpo - DraftExpress
If he ever makes the NBA he's on the fast track to have the most Googled name in league history.
Nerlens Noel surprises Lexington student awaiting kidney transplant - WKYT
Reminder: This is a guy they say has big character issues.
Rights To Ricky Sanchez Podcast: Wiggins, Embiid And Sixers Potpourri - SpikeEskin.com
Spike Eskin: Not an Oxford comma fan.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to treat open wounds with Neosporin if you cut yourself while threading) and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!