The NBA Draft Lottery is tonight at 8PM on ESPN and watchESPN just before the Heat play the Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals. It's the biggest night of our lives since prom (PROM!) and I'm uncomfortably watching the hours pass by. Matt had you covered earlier today (the tip about printing your own Sixers logo and pulling it out of an envelope labelled "1" is brilliant), but I'm all anxious so I'm writing more for me than for any informational reason for you.
I'll just give you some bullet points that you probably already know, but it's nice to have 'em all in one place.
- Our Sixers have the 2nd most combinations in the bingo machine with 199 of the 1000. Milwaukee has 250. The Knicks have 0.
- They have the best chance at getting the 4th pick and can fall no lower than 5th. Here are all the odds in one place.
- Should the Pelicans (currently slotted 10th) jump into the top 3, the Sixers would get their pick in 2015 instead, with the same top 5 protections. There is a 3.98% chance of that happening. More likely is that one of the teams behind them jumps and their pick slips to 11 -- 8.87% to be exact. Let's just have them neatly stay at 10 for symmetry's sake, hm?
- Andrew Wiggins can do this.
- Dr. J will be representing the Sixers at the Lottery.
- Matt Carey will be representing Liberty Ballers at the Lottery.
- The Bucks tried to be good this season and finished four games worse than the Sixers this season.
- No matter what happens, the Lottery isn't rigged. Stay cool.
- Doug Collins does not exist.
- Team Chill vs. Team Nihilism
This sums it all up:
Here are the odds for all of the possible @Sixers draft pick scenarios pic.twitter.com/hlHTj4kevE— Robert Iver (@killakow) May 17, 2014
And if you're going to the LB/RTRS Lottery Party at Miller's Philly Ale House at Grant and the Boulevard sponsored with free t-shirt by Cheesesteak Tees, you are required to take a picture with Bauser.
Songs of choice: