Man, I'm so glad I casually ignored most of that game. The few bits I did catch fell anywhere from bad basketball to awful shuttlecocking. The Hawks, who may be the blandest team in the league, used two huge runs to beat the Sixers by a final score of 107-96, stomping them down to 14 games under .500 on the season and as of now, a full 8 games back of a playoff spot.
Some bits of the tid:
- Damien Wilkins played while uncle Dominique commentated for a bit. It was filled with awkward tension. Damien would go on to score 21 on 11 shots. What.
- After scoring zero points in the first five minutes, Atlanta scored 59 points the final 19 minutes of the first half. Excellent defense.
- Charles Jenkins played. He hit some shots. It was largely forgettable, though the #31 on the back of his jersey felt very Spring Training-y.
- LOL Anthony Tolliver with 21.
- Shelvin Mack is on the Hawks, not on the Sixers. He looks the same.
- Arnett Moultrie played 27 minutes! 8 points and 7 rebounds, 6 offensive. He was fine. Kudos on playing him, Doug.
- I did like how Dorell Wright played.
There's more but whatever, I'll get to it in the recap or maybe not. They looked bad. Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner were especially terrible.
Go to Peachtree Hoops for peaches, I suppose.