Welcome to the first (and maybe last) edition of Casual Saturday Sixers Links!
• Thursday night, I made the grave mistake of watching the Flyers before compiling Casual Friday links. Sadly, Claude Giroux's game-winning goal of the year candidate was so amazing that it caused technical problems at SB Nation for the rest of Thursday night and a large part of Friday morning/afternoon, rendering Casual Friday compilation impossible. Therefore for one time only, it is Casual Saturday!
• Missing you, Casual Friday.
• Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in the weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• Keep the conversation going with your friends irl, go like the LB Facebook page!
• For new post updates and in-game commentary from one of our writers, follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballers.
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Mike Levin (@Michael_Levin)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@DerekBodnerNBA)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann, Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
Sixers Trade Partners Limited by Shortage of First Round Draft Picks - Jake Fischer
Sam Hinkie's dream of 31 first round draft picks sadly will not come to fruition.
Tony Wroten and Michael Carter-Williams Backcourt of Fun - Jake Pavorsky
All the explosion; none of the production
The "In Lieu of Jrue" NBA Prospect Watch, Part Six - Rich Hofmann
Too many numbers. Rich should watch the games more.
EXCLUSIVE: Thaddeus Young Asks Sixers To Trade Him - Jake Fischer
Young basketball players should not be this Saddeus. I'll show myself out.
Thaddeus Young Denies Liberty Ballers Report That He Requested Sixers Trade Him - Michael Levin
While we at Liberty Ballers stick by Jake's report, an alternate headline for this could read: "Thaddeus Young: Consummate Professional."
Evan Turner Struggling Defensively for Brett Brown's Sixers - Derek Bodner
"But he made the game-wining layup against the Nets last night! Derek's a pompous ass!" - an idiot. Somewhere.
Dispatch from the Northeast IIII: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ,76ers - Hardwood Paroxysm
If anyone ever refers to me as "the ten symbol avatar who tweets a lot" my entire life will have been worth it.
NBA Rookie Power Rankings for 12/19/2013 - Sonics Rising
Gather your pitchforks and come up with your best Thunder jokes. Someone other than Michael Carter-Williams sits atop the Sonics Rising rookie power rankings.
Sixers send email to fans about buying Devils tickets - NJ.com
Today in well-meaning, poorly thought out promotions.
Film review: The Sixers' pathetic three-point defense - Philly.com
Too many pictures. Rich should use more numbers.
Philly fans welcomed Moses Malone to town by stealing his dry cleaning, says Dr. J - The 700 Level
There are many ways a city may choose to welcome an athlete. This is one of them.
Spike Eskin: Closing The Book On Evan Turner - CBS Philly
If splinter ever reads the links in this CAJFRI, he may be actually acknowledge the flaws in Turner's game. Or at least that's how I'm sleeping tonight.
Rights To Ricky Sanchez: Sixers Defenseless, And Santa Sam Hinkie - SpikeEskin.com
Also defenseless: the pun in the headline.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to rinse your mouth out before threading) and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!