Here's a quick update of all the stuff that's gone on today:
- The Sixers are/were supposedly interested in acquiring Jamal Crawford. Jamal Crawford is both older, and less effective than Louis Williams. Putting a Sixers jersey on him – under any circumstances – would be a devastating blow to the franchise. I'm not being dramatic either – it's that bad. Pray this is like any other rumor aka a lie.
- Meyers Leonard worked out for the Sixers. I also updated my ranking of all 35 prospects the Sixers worked out.
- The LB writers released our annual Draft Board. I already altered mine, which I warned everyone of.
- Tom Moore is the man. He writes for PhillyBurbs, but sleeps in at Liberty Ballers onesie – take my word for it. Follow him on Twitter (@tmoorepburbs), if you aren't already. He's easily one of the top 500 Sixers beat writers of all time, and breaks news on the reg.
- Chad Ford has the Sixers taking Terrence Ross in his latest mock. DX still has Perry Jones.
You will find a couple of important quotes and tidbits Moore tweeted throughout the day after the jump, accompanied by my Mikeeqsue 'Speezy Sez' translations:
#Sixers Thorn: 'I don't see us moving up (from 15).'
I can't find my glasses. Where am I? What's a Sixer?
#Sixers Thorn: 'There are two or three guys we really like at 15. We hope they're still there.'
I wonder if that girl from the bar is going to call me, even though I never even made eye contact. I sure hope so. Wait, you asked me about the NBA Draft? Same answer applies.
#Sixers Rod Thorn: 'Meyers Leonard is definitely in our mix (at 15).'
Even if Anthony Davis falls, we'll probably stick with a white guy.
#Sixers Thorn on 15th pick: "There are two, three guys that bring excitement to us. They may not be there. We're hopeful."
I wish it weren't illegal to trade up in the draft.
#Sixers Rod Thorn: "If we can get an athletic big who can rebound, help defensively and make a jump shot, that'd be a coup for us."
If we can trade Andre Iguodala for LeBron James, that may be something to consider as well.
#Sixers Rod Thorn: 'The scary thing this year (in free agency) is so many teams have money and are way under the cap."
*gets taser'd by Doug Collins for talking about free agency*
#Sixers Rod Thorn: "You'd like to get an athletic guy if you go big. Our bigs aren't super athletic."
Too bad Kenneth Faried was gone when we drafted a historically unathletic big man last year.
#Sixers Rod Thorn on Jared Sullinger: 'We are considering him (at No. 15). He is a talented player.'
We've narrowed our pick down to 'someone who can run in a straight line', at this point.
Rod Thorn: 'We're content where we are' at No. 15 in Thursday's draft.
Trading up or down would mean I have to pause my game of solitaire. I pause for nothing. NOTHING!