The Sixers needs a big man. Dong, as we all know, is quite possibly the best big man of our generation. It seems like a match made in heaven that the Sixers would want to bring Dong back (re-Dong, as it were) to help the lack of depth up front, though his employ with the Turkish Turkeys (I'm assuming) was prohibiting him from returning stateside.
Not anymore! Darius Songaila has been cut from the one-year deal worth $1.5 million he signed back in July. From the Vakaru Expresas:
Šį sezoną Eurolygoje žaidėjas per mačą vidutiniškai rinkdavo 6,5 taško ir atkovodavo 2,8 kamuolio.
Obviously, with 6.5 taskos and only 2.8 kamuolios per game, it didn't seem pertinent for his Turkish team to retain his services. Now, the 34-year-old male model is free to romp across the pond and sign with whoever he'd like. The Sixers, minus Spencer Hawes and Nikola Vucevic who have been sitting Patty Cake style on the bench waiting for someone to notice them, could use the help up front, despite the fact that (real talk now) Dongaila hasn't been relevant since his days at Wake Forest (back to Dong Kool-Aid). But we'd love him! So here's a few sentences the Sixers could say when they sign him or Francisco Elson or both:
- He's a guy that can play, knows how to move around on the court, and knows the system we run here.
- He's a veteran that's been around the block a few times and will give our young guys some experience while we're a bit dinged up.
- No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food.
- With Cisco and Dong, we really think we've got the makings of a terrific backup vocals for THA BOSS.
- Especially if Cisco can start singing: "The Dong Song". [ed. note: omgomgomgomgomgomg]
- He's a big body, good rebounder, solid hands, nice butt, milky thighs, cuddlable knuckles, red tongue, moist feet....everything you want in a backup big man.
- He's Dong!
So the question is: Dong, Cisco, or DONGCISCO?!