Philadelphia 76ers (40-37)
vs.Boston Celtics (53-23)
TV: CSN Philly, NBA League Pass Channel 6
Tip Time: 7:30 PM EDT
Location: TD Garden
Vegas Line: 6 (Celtics)
Mortal Enemies of the Night: CelticsBlog
76ers vs Celtics coverage
- As of 1:30 PM EST Andre Iguodala is questionable for tonight's game. He, along with Louis Williams were held out of yesterday's practice.
- Newly-signed Antonio Daniels could make his Sixers debut tonight.
- Nenad Krstic and Troy Murphy are questionable, and Shaq is expected to miss tonight's game.
- If the season ended today the Sixers and Celtics would meet in the first round of the playoffs, but with the Sixers only 1.5 games ahead of the Knicks, and the Celtics only .5 games behind the HEAT, things could change with five games remaining.
- Will Lou Williams' injury force Coach Collins to give Evan Turner a significant minute increase? How will Turner respond? We'll get a good idea tonight.
- The Celtics have the second best defense in the league. With an ailing Iguodala and The Boss in street clothes the Sixers may have Butler Bulldog-esque problems scoring. Jrue, Meeks, Thad, and Turner will all need to step up.
- Seven of the last nine match-ups between the Sixers and Celtics have been decided by four points or less, but the Celtics are 7-2 in those match-ups.
- Turns out Elton Brand has been playing with a fracture in his left hand.
- I still think Iguodala (and possibly Brand) should sit a few games.
- With Elton and Iguodala hurting, and Lou out, I don't see any way the Sixers can go into Boston and beat the Celtics tonight – although they've had their own struggles as of late.
- The Knicks host the Raptors tonight, meaning the Sixers lead for the sixth seed could dwindle to a half a game going into tomorrow's monster game against the Knicks.
- Prediction: 99-89 Celtics