Philadelphia 76ers (40-36)
vs.Milwaukee Bucks (30-45)
TV: CSN Philly, NBA League Pass Channel 6
Tip Time: 8:30 PM EDT
Location: The Bradley Center
Vegas Line: 2 (Sixers)
Previous Meetings: 102-74 L, 90-79 W
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Brew Hoop
76ers vs Bucks coverage
- The Bucks are a long shot to make the playoffs, but technically still alive. They're four games behind the Pacers – who they lost to last night – with seven games remaining.
- Jennings vs. Holiday is always fun.
- The last time the Bucks and Sixers met, the Sixers suffered an embarrassing 28-point loss in Milwaukee, where they'll meet again tonight.
- Both teams are playing the second of a back-to-back.
- Although the Sixers are 9.5 games ahead of the Bucks in the standings – and clearly the better team – tonight probably won't be the cake walk the Sixers had against the Nets last night.
- The Bucks are the fourth best defensive team in the league, and if they're able to limit the Sixers' easy baskets early, the Sixers could struggle to score enough to win.
- In two games against the Bucks this year the Sixers are averaging 82 points per game.
- Despite their defensive prowess the Bucks are abysmal offensively – the worst in the NBA.
- The Knicks are off tonight, so a Sixers win would put them a full three games ahead of New York with five games remaining, including a head-to-head meeting on Wednesday.
- These next three games will determine if the Sixers finish with the sixth seed or not. The Sixers have @Bucks, @Celtics and vs. Knicks. The Knicks host Cleveland and Toronto – two near-guaranteed wins – then travel to Philadelphia for the determining game. Tonight is almost a must-win for the Sixers if they want the sixth seed.
- Prediction: 91-86 Sixers