Houston Rockets (39-35)
Philadelphia 76ers (38-36)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 4
Tip Time: 7:00 EST
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Vegas Line: 3 (Sixers)
Previous Meeting: W 114-105
Mortal Enemies of the Night: The Dream Shake
Rockets vs 76ers coverage
Forget these Rockets, Gary Busey is the real Rocket!
- With a win and a Bobcats loss to the Cavs, the Sixers could clinch themselves a playoff spot tonight.
- Despite the fact that the Rockets are a game up on the Sixers in the overall standings, they are currently on the outside looking in at the playoff race in the Western Conference (2.5 games behind the 8th seed Grizzlies). East coast bias I tell ya!
- The last time these 2 teams met, the Rockets were 4, and with the loss eventually 5, games under .500. They are 13-4 since that meeting which occurred right before the All-Star break and are coming off a 25 point shellacking of the Deron Williams-less Nets. That being said, only 4 of those wins came against current playoff teams (Blazers, Celtics, Hornets, Pacers if you want to count them).
- Our very own Louis Williams is at it again with a new music video uploaded today. The song is called "I Want It All" with his friend Meek Mill. First thing I noticed, I have the same pair of sunglasses as he does. Check it right here if you're a BOSS.
- Ever since he was inserted into the starting lineup, Kyle Lowry has been absolutely stone-cold ballin'. I can't even describe how happy I am about that. Back in February, Lowry torched the Sixers for 36 points and didn't miss a shot until late in the fourth quarter. Jrue's struggled with this style of point guard all year so we'll see if Lowry can somewhat duplicate that performance tonight.