Atlanta Hawks (40-31)
Philadelphia 76ers (36-34)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 3
Tip Time: 7:00 EST
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Vegas Line: 7 (Sixers)
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Peachtree Hoops
Hawks vs 76ers coverage
Started off 3-13 and now in a humongous game on a possible (yet unlikely) track to the 5th seed in the east. Look at us now!
- The Hawks are on the 2nd part of a home-away back to back that started off with a thrashing courtesy MVP candidate Derrick Rose and the rest of the East leading Chicago Bulls.
- In that blowout, the only starter to play 30+ minutes for the Hawks was Joe Johnson. Since the game was pretty much decided in the middle of the second quarter, the regular rotation players should be much more rested than if it went down to the wire.
- Andre Iguodala will be in the lineup tonight after missing the last game of the road trip against the Blazers in which the Sixers defense was just not nearly the same as it is when he is on the floor.
- According to Mike Preston, Doug Collins will be looking to go to veterans Tony Battie and Andres Nocioni tonight for added depth. Ugh.
- In playoff implications news, the Sixers sit 3.5 back of the 5th seed currently held by the Hawks. A win tonight keeps hope alive but a loss would probably all but end the quest. They are a full game ahead of the Knicks for the 6th seed and could very realistically widen the gap after New York's matchup tonight against the Orlando Magic.
- The last couple GameThreads have been slacking and I take partial blame (busy at work and going through the process of moving). Let's get this one back on the right track!