Dallas Mavericks (43-16)
Philadelphia 76ers (30-29)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 3
Tip Time: 7:00 EST
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Vegas Line: 2.5 (Mavericks)
Previous Meeting: 90-99 L
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Mavs Moneyball
Mavericks vs 76ers coverage
Do you think Mark's friends call him Cigar because his last name is Cuban?
- The Mavericks currently sit at second place in the Western Conference (43-16) and also their very own division behind the San Antonio Spurs. The Sixers recently beat the Spurs at home so by transitive property they will beat the Mavericks. But the Mavericks just beat the Wizards and Raptors who both beat the Sixers twice this year. So that means the Mavericks will win? I'm confused. Stupid transitive nonsense.
- Of their last 8 games, the Mavericks have played just 2 at home (that means 6 on the road for those keeping score). Apparently the location doesn't matter as during that time, they hold a record of 7-1 and are currently riding a 6 game win streak.
- Coming as a surprise to very few, the Mavericks offense is yet again in the top 10 in Offensive Rating. They've been managing 109.7 points per 100 possessions on the season. The Sixers defense will certainly have to step their game up from what we saw on Sunday against the Cavs.
- This will be Doug Collins' first game having February 2011 Eastern Conference Coach of the Month attached to his name. It is required that you prelude his name with this title from now on.
- This is the first time after the all-star break that the Sixers will be playing a team with an above .500 record. The last team with more W's than L's on their resume was the Memphis Grizzlies on Feb. 15 (the Sixers lost).
- These two teams have won a combined 10 straight games. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that total will dwindle by the end of the game.
- And my favorite part..... PEJA HEADS!