Philadelphia 76ers (24-27)
Orlando Magic (33-20)
TV: Comcast SportsNet
Tip Time: 7:00 PM EDT
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Vegas Line: 4 (Magic)
Previous Meetings: Sixers 97-89, Magic 99-98
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Orlando Pinstriped Post
Magic vs 76ers coverage
- Dwight Howard has allegedly guaranteed victory tonight.
- The Magic have been hot and cold since remaking their team. They had previously enjoyed a 9 game winning streak, but have gone 8-8 since, albeit with most of their losses coming to above .500 teams.
- The Sixers, meanwhile, have won 7 of their last 9, and have gone 21-14 since their 3-13 start.
- In the most recent game against the Sixers, Dwight Howard was held to only 7 rebounds, and the Magic as a team were held to only 4 offensive rebounds in 41 opportunities. It was one of only two games since the beginning of January where Howard failed to record double figures in rebounds.
- In the two games so far this year, Andre Iguodala is averaging 18 points, 5 rebounds, and 6.5 assists. Louis Williams is leading the team in scoring with 21.5 points (with 10 made free throws per game), and Elton Brand is averaging 14 points and 8.5 rebounds.
- For the Magic, Dwight Howard is averaging 22 points and 13.5 rebounds. Jameer Nelson is averaging 16.5 pionts and 8 assists (compared to Jrue's 10.5 points, 5.5 assists on 38.1% from the field), and Ryan Anderson dropped 20 the last time these two teams met. Anderson has been starting of late for the injured Brandon Bass.
- Predict what we'll see more of: Andre Iguodala turnovers, Evan Turner turnovers, or Marreese Speights minutes.
Sixers (home): 16-8
Magic (road): 14-13
Offensive Rating: Sixers 16th, Magic 11tth
Defensive Rating: Sixers 12th, Magic 3rd
eFG%: Sixers 17th, Magic 5th
TO%: Sixers 3rd, Magic Magic 22nd
Offensive Rebounding %: Sixers 23rd, Magic 13th
FT Rate: Sixers 17th, Magic 18th
Def eFG%: Sixers 10th, Magic 4th
Def TO%: Sixers 15th, Magic 14th
Defensive Rebounding %: Sixers 11th, Magic 1st
Def FT Rate: Sixers 23rd, Magic 11th
Magic 97, Sixers 93