Philadelphia 76ers (23-26)
New York Knicks (25-24)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 6 & 7 (Zumoff)
Tip Time: 12:00 EST
Location: Madison Square Garden
Vegas Line: 4.5 (Knicks)
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Posting and Toasting
76ers vs Knicks coverage
- The Sixers face a tough, early-afternoon game on the road, where they're only 7-18 on the season.
- Playoff implications: Win and pull to within 1 of the six-seed Knicks and lock up the tiebreaker for the season, lose and drop to the same position as Friday night, three behind the Knicks.
- The Sixers played a tenacious fourth quarter Friday night, but they're guaranteed to lose in New York if they play another 48 minutes like Friday.
- Although the Knicks are a .500 ball club, and sliding as of late, if the Sixers pull out a win today, I'd consider it their most impressive win to date. Home-and-home games are usually split, and the Sixers are heading into a hostile environment against a team likely seeking revenge from Friday's loss.
- Games on Super Bowl Sunday usually have a weird vibe to them.
- Speaking of the Super Bowl, take "Largest Lead By: Steelers or Packers" over Jrue Holiday points. Jrue's been bad since Andre returned to the lineup, only averaging 10.8 points on 38% shooting, and he was held to just 6 points on Friday. Yes, this is an actual prop bet you can make before the Big Game, and yes you should, because it's a lock.
- Please don't get destroyed on the glass again?
- How about an encore for Elton Brand, who had 33 points and 17 boards last game.
Happy Suber Bowl Sunday! Go Sixers! Go prop bets! Go six seed!