Philadelphia 76ers (21-26)
New Jersey Nets (15-34)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 4
Tip Time: 7:00 EST
Location: Prudential Center
Vegas Line: 2.5 (Sixers)
Mortal Enemies of the Night: NetsDaily
76ers vs Nets coverage
The Sixers make the short trip to Newark through the cold ice of the Northeast.
- The first time these two met, the Nets had the better record and we found out Jrue loves Fruity Pebbles. The second time, Spencer Hawes debuted a new haircut and consequently dropped 18 points. The Sixers are now a full 7 games on top of the Nets and Jrue probably still indulges in that sugary goodness.
- Sixer Playoff Implications: Currently hanging out solo in the 7th spot by 1 game over the Bobcats and 4 behind the Knicks. Despite being the current 7 seed, the Sixers are just 2 games away from being 10th in the East. Mediocrity lives!
- A few days ago, Doug Collins announced he will utilize Andre Iguodala at the point forward. This is the first game since that decision was made, so be sure to pay attention to what, if anything, actually changes in the Sixers' offensive scheme.
- Here's your obligatory mention that we'll see Evan Turner and Derrick Favors in the same game. If Turner plays better, the Sixers made the right choice. If Favors plays better, the Sixers are the biggest idiots since whoever gave the green light to make "Gigli".
- Jordan Farmar is out with a back injury along with Damion James who continues to recover from a broken foot.
- Orien Greene just signed a 10-day contract with the Nets and is expected suit up tonight!
- Duke plays at Maryland later tonight. Watch it and root hard for my boy Cliff Tucker.
- Official Sure to be Wrong Prediction: Sixers 90 - Nets 81