Philadelphia 76ers (26-29)
Houston Rockets (26-30)
TV: The Comcast Network, NBA League Pass Channel 10
Tip Time: 8:30 EST
Location: Toyota Center
Vegas Line: 4 (Rockets)
Previous Meetings: None
Mortal Enemies of the Night: The Dream Shake
76ers vs Rockets coverage
The Sixers aren't from Houston, but they Rap-A-Lot.
- The Rockets are one of the fastest paced teams in the league (94.3 possessions per 48 minutes) and have the 6th best offensive efficiency rating as well (110.3).
- Despite the outstanding offense, the Rockets have a defensive rating near the basement of the NBA (109.9 - 23rd in the league). The Sixers are just about the opposite (not as extreme), as their defense is in the top 10 while their offense is on the lower half of average.
- Just like the Sixers, the Rockets have a positive point differential but are under .500 for the season.
- Not a statistic but Kyle Lowry is on the Rockets. He's always been one of my favorite players.
- The Sixers are 9-20 on the road but 8-11 in their last 19.
- The Rockets are 15-12 at home but are currently 1-2 on their 4 game home stand.
- The Rockets are the definition of average over their last 10 as they've posted a 5-5 record.
- The Sixers are a tad better at 6-4.
- The Sixers are now 2 back of the Knicks after last night's loss and still 2.5 up on Charlotte for the 9 spot. The Knicks have the Hawks in New York while the Bobcats are getting jazzed up for tonight's season premiere of "Survivor".
- PG: Jrue Holiday vs. Kyle Lowry
- SG: Jodie Meeks vs. Kevin Martin
- SF: Andre Iguodala vs. Shane Battier
- PF: Elton Brand vs. Chuck Hayes
- C: Spencer Hawes vs. Luis Scola
- Tony Battie will be inactive as he continues to nurse his wrist injury.
- Yao Ming is still out for the season with a stress fracture in his ankle.
We barely hit 300 last night and I will take partial blame for not being there. Let's get upwards of 500 tonight guys. It's the last game before the all-star break. Got to go into the break on a high note.