The Sixers and Wizards square up for their final tune-up tonight, capping off their home-and-home (and the preseason in general).
I'll keep the write-up short and sweet, as we're still in preseason form as well. I'd expect the starters to play more than a normal preseason game, given the abbreviated training camp and preseason schedules they've had, although this may be less of an issue for the Sixers than others.
What will you be looking for? Here's what I'll be concentrating on:
- Evan Turner's jump shot, both in catch and shoot situations and off the dribble.
- Jrue Holiday and his pick and roll defense on John Wall. Wall was used heavily in pick and roll situations last year, and despite not being terribly efficient in those spots, his speed presents a tough guard for Jrue, in a spot the team struggles to defend.
- Whether Spencer Hawes will continue to actually pick and roll, rather than just pick and pop?
- How Nikola Vucevic will play. Specifically, how well he'll rotate on the defensive side of the ball.
- Do we get to hear Malik Rose's first broadcast?
- No injuries.
- Jan Vesely, John Wall, and Chris Singleton on the Wizards.
- Whether John Wall will pound his chest after making a dunk to pull the Wizards to within 38.
This is your game thread, have at it.