Philadelphia 76ers (17-24)
Charlotte Bobcats (16-24)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 3
Tip Time: 7:00 EST
Location: Time Warner Cable Arena
Vegas Line: 5 (Bobcats)
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Rufus on Fire
76ers vs Bobcats coverage
- The Bobcats are 7-5 since Paul Silus replaced Larry Brown as head coach, and have a point differential of +19 during that time.
- The Bobcats are coming off a one-point win @ Chicago, but the Bulls were without Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer.
- For the love of ugly basketball, tonight will be the final meeting between these teams this season. The Sixers have won the previous two, but needed a late Lou Williams three to force overtime three days ago.
- Three days ago when these teams met the Bobcats were without Tyrus Thomas, who was suspended for a flagrant foul. He'll play tonight.
- The Sixers largest advantage is in the turnover department where they own the lowest rate in the NBA. The Bobcats have the highest.
- The Bobcats' advantage will be on the glass where they're tied for fourth in total rebounding. The Sixers are tied for 20th.
- The 7-10 seeds in the Eastern Conference (Sixers, Pacers, Bobcats, and Bucks) are separated by only one game coming into tonight. A Bobcats win tonight would knock the Sixers down from the seventh seed to the ninth seed.
- Prediction: Bobcats 91 Sixers 87