Philadelphia 76ers (17-23)
Orlando Magic (26-15)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 2
Tip Time: 7:00 EST
Location: Amway Arena
Vegas Line: 9 (Magic)
Previous Meeting: Sixers 97-89
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Orlando Pinstriped Post
76ers vs Magic coverage
When the Sixers travel to Orlando, you know it's magic...
- Injury Report, Sixers: Andres Nocioni is out because of a broken right middle finger. NoceOne is questionable with the same injury. Coincidence?
- Injury Report, Magic: Villanova alum (most new Nova fans probably don't know this) Malik Allen is out with an ankle injury. Last time these two teams tussled, he played 22 minutes. Jason Williams will miss the game because of personal reasons. Daniel Orton remains inactive after undergoing knee surgery in December.
- The Sixers won the first meeting despite a 26 point, 20 rebound effort from Dwight Howard. The Magic were also without Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, and Gilbert Arenas which might have affected the outcome just a smidge.
- Orlando is 10-5 since "the trade". They had an 8 game win streak snapped last week by the Hornets and have lost 3 of 4 since then, including a back-and-forth at Boston Monday night that was a joy to watch.
- Everybody's favorite new rapper Louis Williams has had back-to-back efficient games shooting the ball and getting the foul line (let's forget about that last possession against the Bucks). Can he keep it up?
- How in the world is this team going to contain D12? Chances are very high that we see Dongaila on the court or Tony Battie activated again.
- If Turkoglu gets a triple-double tonight, I can't say I'll be that upset considering the last time he got one.
- Official Guaranteed to Be Correct Prediction: Magic 104 - Sixers 93
Look to the cookie!