I re-watched every possession of last night's game against the Magic and concentrated on Jrue, Lou and Andre's individual defense. I only tracked their opponent's assists if they got into the paint, and threw fast break baskets out because of the mass-confusion going on as to who's guarding who. I also tracked whether the shots of their opponents were contested or uncontested. This is the second time I've done this and it seems like 50% contested is a good number to have. Remember, my definition of a 'contested shot' is completely subjective, but I used the same criteria for all three guys. Here are the numbers:
- Opponents shot a combined 8-11 (73%) against Jrue.
- Of the 11 shots, 4 were contested (36%).
- Jameer Nelson was 5-6 against Jrue (1 contested), had 3 assists where he got into the paint, and got to the line 6 times.
- Matt Barnes was 1-1 against Jrue (0 contested).
- Jason Williams was 1-2 against Jrue (2 contested).
- Mickael Pietrus was 1-2 against Jrue (1 contested).
- Opponents shot a combined 6-13 (46%) against Andre.
- Of the 13 shots, 5 were contested (38%).
- Rashard Lewis was 3-5 against Andre (2 contested).
- Vince Carter was 2-4 against Andre (2 contested).
- Mickael Pietrus was 0-1 against Andre (1 contested).
- J.J. Reddick was 0-1 against Andre (0 contested).