I decided to go back and watch every defensive possession in the Spurs game, and focus on the man-to-man defense of Jrue Holiday and Lou Williams. I didn't track assists unless their man got into paint and created for a teammate. And there was a case where George Hill got free for a wide open layup, and I couldn't decide if it was Jrue's fault for not switching or Iguodala's fault for switching, so I threw that basket out. Here are the numbers:
Opponents shot a combined 5-17 (29%) against Jrue.
- Of the 17 shots, 8 were contested (47%).
- Tony Parker was 0-5 against Jrue (3 contested).
- Manu was 4-10 against Jrue (5 contested), and had one assist where he got into the paint and set up a wide open McDyess.
- Roger Mason was 1-1 against Jrue (0 contested).
- George Hill was 0-1 against Jrue (0 contested).
- Opponents shot a combined 2-8 (25%) against Lou.
- Of the 8 shots, 4 were contested (50%).
- Tony Parker was 0-3 against Lou (1 contested).
- George Hill was 1-2 against Lou (1 contested).
- Keith Bogans was 1-1 against Lou (0 contested).
- Roger Mason was 0-2 against Lou (2 contested).