Philadelphia 76ers (10-16)
Orlando Magic (16-9)
TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 3
Tip Time: 7:00 PM EDT
Location: Amway Center
Vegas Line: 6.5 (Magic)
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Orlando Pinstriped Post
76ers vs Magic coverage
- The Magic made two trades today. Trade #1: Vince Carter, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, a first-round pick ,and cash to the Phoneix Suns for Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, and Earl Clark. Trade #2: Rashard Lewis for Gilbert Arenas.
- The Magic will be without Carter, Gortat, Pietrus, and Lewis tonight, along with all of their new additions.
- They also have four players listed on the injury report: Ryan Anderson, Chris Duhon, Daniel Orton, and Quentin Richardson.
- Of the four players listed on the injury report, none of them played in the Magic's previous game against the Nuggets.
- Orton and Anderson will not play, and Duhon and Richardson are listed as questionable.
- The Magic's injuries and recent trades may leave them with only six healthy players for tonight's. Although Duhon and Richardson will suit up, because I believe you must have at least 8 active players to play.
- If Dwight gets in any sort of foul trouble tonight, Malik Allen and Brandon Bass will be Orlando's only big men. Allen is old, and Bass is a 6'8'' scorer in the mold of Elton Brand, instead of a rebounding/shot-blocking big. If the Magic are forced to play a Bass/Allen front court for a significant period of time tonight, the Sixers could have a field day inside.
- On top of the mass confusion on the Magic's roster, they've lost five of their last six games, with their only win coming against the Clippers.
- Although the Sixers are playing their second of a back-to-back, and playing on the road, they should have a legitimate chance to steal this game.
- The big keys to this game are getting Dwight in foul trouble, and limiting the double-teaming of Howard. The last thing you need is Dwight kicking out to shooters for 20 threes. Let him score 40 instead.
- The Sixers are 2-10 on the road and the Magic are 9-3 at home.
Prediction: Sixers 105, Magic 90