New Jersey Nets (6-18)
Philadelphia 76ers (8-15)
TV: Comcast SportsNet
Tip Time: 7:00 PM EDT
Location: Prudential Center
Vegas Line: 2 (Sixers)
Mortal Enemies of the Night: NetsDaily
76ers vs Nets coverage
- Lineup should be the usual, Holiday, Meeks, Iguodala, Brand, Hawes. Brackins is back with the big club as well.
- The Nets are on a 7 game losing streak, albeit against extremely tough competition (@Knicks, Thunder, @Bobcats, Boston, @Atlanta, @Dallas, Lakers)
- The Sixers and Nets have met once before, with the Sixers easily dispatching the Nets.
- Stopping Brook Lopez is obviously of utmost priority. The center has scored 24 or more points in 4 of his last 6 games. Just don't ask him to grab a defensive rebound.
- Devin Harris sprained his left shoulder last Thursday, but returned for his next game against the Lakers on Sunday.
- Overall, the Nets are 27th in the league in offensive rating and 19th in defensive rating. The Sixers are at 17th and 11th. The Nets are last in the league in forcing turnovers. The one thing to watch is the Nets ability to get to the free throw line, being 11th in the league in free throw rating, led by Brook Lopez (6.8 fta/game) and Devin Harris (6.2 fta/game).
- The Nets are 4-7 at home, the Sixers 1-10 on the road.
Prediction: Sixers 92, Nets 81
This is your game thread.
Terrence Williams has reportedly been traded to Houston for 2 first round draft picks, so you won't see the recently recalled D-League extraordinaire against the Sixers.