TV: Comcast SportsNet, NBA League Pass Channel 4
Radio: 610 WIP
Tip Time: 7:00 Eastern
Location: Wells Fargo Center
Vegas Line: 5 (Sixers)
Mortal Enemies of the Night: Fear the Sword
We're coming off our biggest win of the season in an Eastern Conference finals preview over the Indiana Pacers. That's got the makings of quite the rivalry. Get your anti-Mike Dunleavy shirts here as soon as Tanner finishes the knitting.
Five Things to Look For
- Jrue Holiday on Mo Williams. Jrue played him tough the first time he got significant time last December, but Mo got the best of him in March, scoring 21 points on 13 shots and hitting 4 three-pointers. Of course LBJ won't be drawing any double teams, so Mo, in his second game returning from injury, should not be as wide open. Jrue's defense was mostly good against John Wall. Let's string a few good games together for him.
- Doug Collins on the bench. Dei Lynam wrote that Doug Collins isn't taking his medication on game days. Supposedly that's what caused his vertigo and threw off his equilibrium. I'm familiar with the symptoms, and in a high-intensity environment (though it is at the Wells Fargo Center...Self Burn!) with a handful of screaming fans, it's pretty tough to just shrug off.
- Anybody on J.J. Hickson. He's the best player on this team right now and, though he's not a complete basketball player, has made the Sixers look stupid for drafting Marreese Speights ahead of him. He'll be a tough guard away from the basket for Elton Brand. Spencer Hawes probably can't keep up with him either. Could be a problem.
- Evan Turner's breakout game? This just feels like the time for him to do work. Cleveland's generally lacking in good wing play, so Turner could carve his way to a really nice night. Ideally, he'd get the start, but it seems like Andres Nocioni will be sticking there for at least a bit. Prediction: 7-11, 1-2, 5-6, 20 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 1 block. Book it.
- Jodie Meeks/Darius Songaila/Craig Brackins. Who gets the first minute among them?! Place your bets!
Since I'm on the West Coast, I'll be delaying my dinner in order to Game Thread with you fools, after which I'll start taking shots each time Zumoff says "fighting the good fight" or "fingertip control." I encourage you all to join me. Comment a lot if you want to be on Jordan's next roll call!
Here we go.