Thank God we won't see the Nets again. For whatever reason, when the Sixers and Nets get together, the quality of basketball played is nauseating to watch. The Sixers shot 39 percent from the line tonight. 39 percent! From the free throw line!
The Sixers didn't deserve to win the game. Heck, they don't even deserve a recap. I could make a ton of excuses for them right now, but I won't.
Here's what you need to know:
- Every single player wearing a 76ers uniform was horrible tonight. There are no exceptions. None.
- I don't care how tired you are, making 39 percent of your foul shots is embarrassing. Free throws are free. I know a team full of 9-year olds who can, and would have, shot better from the line tonight. The free throw line is the same distance at all levels, and no one is guarding you. When you're getting paid a collective 68 million dollars, you cannot shoot 39 percent from the line. 39 [bleeping] percent!
- Do not be fooled by Sam Dalembert's 9 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocks. He was god-awful tonight. I cannot tell you how many goal-tends, missed alley-oops, dropped passes, 3 seconds, offensive fouls and turnovers he had. The worst player on the court tonight, for either team.
- 35 percent, 21 percent, 39 percent. Show me a team who wins, or is in a ball game with those percentages.
- Andre Iguodala played one of his worst games of the season.