That pretty much sums it up for me. I took the liberty, no pun intended, to celebrate the Sixers win like a man last night.
I was having a horrible day heading into the game. I got home 30 minutes late, but luckily, only missed the first six minutes of the game. I went in needing a win, needing an entertaining game, needing an energetic team and an energetic crowd to get me pumped for the remainder of the season. Well, that's exactly what I got.
Sure, it wasn't a flawless game. As a matter of fact it wasn't even close. But considering the circumstances, I don't care. I'm not even going to mention the horrible defensive rebounding, the bad perimeter defense which allowed the Bulls to get back in the game, or Lou-Will reverting back to his horrible play. For the next 24 hours, I've decided to just bask in the ambiance of my favorite game of the year.
I don't want to get too much into analysis of the game, but I do want to give a shout out to a few people.
- The crowd - They were fantastic.
- Sam Dalembert - He followed his best game of the season with an even better one. If he plays anything like this for the rest of the season, the Sixers are in good shape.
- Thaddeus Young - For the first time all season, I felt like we had an unstoppable force on offensive. I felt like every time Thad touched the ball he was going to score. Big props to the kid for working on his shot mid-season. It's definitely paid off. "Baby Legs" is going to be a stud, a flat-out stud. Tonight assured it.
- Marreese Speights - The most exciting Sixer. The oops he throws down on a nightly basis are incredible.
- The Andres - Typical Andre games from the both of 'em. Gotta love it.