The Philadelphia 76ers began practicing for the Orlando Summer League today at PCOM, their first official workout of the offseason. The team will play in both the Orlando Summer League (July 5th-11th) and the Las Vegas Summer League (July 11th-21st).
Before practice began the Sixers unveiled their Orlando Summer League roster, which is listed at the bottom of this post.
There are some notable exceptions from that list, including 2014 draftees K.J. McDaniels and Jordan McRae. The Sixers intend to form two (mostly) separate squads, one going to Orlando and one going to Vegas, and intentionally split-up draftees and invitees between them. Both McDaniels and McRae, while not on the Orlando roster, should be in Vegas. There are also some players who may go to both, such as Nerlens Noel. The Las Vegas Summer League roster has yet to be officially announced.
One player who may go to Vegas is Arsalan Kazemi, as reported by John Gonzalez of Comcast SportsNet. Kazemi spent the year in his native Iran, playing for Petrochimi, where he averaged 13.1 points, 11.1 rebounds, and 2.2 steals in 28.3 minutes per game. He averaged 9.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, and 2.1 steals during his senior season at Oregon, with his 4.1% steal rate one of the best in the nation for a big man.
Comcast SportsNet will air 3 games from the Orlando Summer League on TCN. The games that will be shown are:
- Saturday, July 5th vs Orlando at 1 PM (will be replayed at 7 PM on TCN and at 11 PM on CSN)
- Sunday, July 6th vs OKC at 5 PM (will be replayed at 9 PM on TCN, and at 11 PM on CSN)
- Tuesday, July 8th vs Houston at 7 PM (will be replayed Tuesday at 11:30 PM on TCN, Wednesday at 3 PM on CSN, and Wednesday at 7:30 PM on TCN).
Full Sixers schedule for the Orlando Summer League:
- Saturday, July 5th vs Orlando at 1 PM (televised on TCN)
- Sunday, July 6th vs OKC at 5 PM (televised on TCN)
- Tuesday, July 8th vs Houston at 7 PM (televised on TCN)
- Wednesday, July 9th vs Brooklyn at 5 PM
- Friday, July 11th is Championship day.
2014 Orlando Summer League Roster: