Welcome to another edition of Casual Friday Sixers Links.
- No Sixers links last week, sorry. Too busy building my Sam Hinkie shrine.
- Draft season is upon us. Keep an eye out for our LB Big Board series.
- Want to share some Sixers thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in this weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
- Go like the LB Facebook page!
- Follow LB on Twitter. We changed our handle from @Philly76ersBlog to the more aptly named @Liberty_Ballers!
- Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Mike Levin (@Michael_Levin)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Derek Bodner (@derekbodner)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee (@BrandonLeeSBN)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLERS:
Hinkie Looks To Bridge Analytic Divide
H3LL0 MY N4M3 15 54M H1NK13
A Very Important Letter to the Sixers from 6-Year-Old [Michael Levin]
All I can say is... Pank.
Behind The Scenes At The NBA Draft Lottery: Sixers Edition
Roy infiltrated the lotto on behalf of LB to acquire intel. Got some good quotes from Josh Harris in there.
No, I Do Not Want the Sixers to Re-Sign Andrew Bynum
In which Andrew Bynum is a cookie. And he crumbles.
What Can You Do To Ensure The Sixers Land A Top Three Pick?
The Sixers got stuck with the 11th pick because you did all these things WRONG.
The Sixers have a plan!
Shot Selection Round-Up: Part 2 - Hickory-High
HEY did you know the Sixers (used to) take bad shots?
"This season’s worst shot selection belongs to the Philadelphia 76ers [...] we can estimate that their shot selection may have cost them as many as seven wins this season."
Spike Eskin: Why To Like The Sixers Hire Of Sam Hinkie, And Why To Question Those Who Don’t - CBS Philly
Some encouraging Hinkie endorsements here.
The New Found Value Of Second Round Picks To The Sixers - FanPost by JakePavorsky
Hopefully Hinkie can find some players in the second like the Rockets have done in the past.
Debunking the "analytical" GM myth: What we can expect out of Hinkie - FanPost by Xsago
A very thorough look at Hinkie here. Basically a FAQ: Hinkie edition.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to bathe before threading) and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!