Man, I'm so glad I casually ignored most of that game. The few bits I did catch fell anywhere from bad basketball to awful shuttlecocking. The Hawks, who may be the blandest team in the league, used two huge runs to beat the Sixers by a final score of 107-96, stomping them down to 14 games under .500 on the season and as of now, a full 8 games back of a playoff spot.
Some bits of the tid:
- Damien Wilkins played while uncle Dominique commentated for a bit. It was filled with awkward tension. Damien would go on to score 21 on 11 shots. What.
- After scoring zero points in the first five minutes, Atlanta scored 59 points the final 19 minutes of the first half. Excellent defense.
- Charles Jenkins played. He hit some shots. It was largely forgettable, though the #31 on the back of his jersey felt very Spring Training-y.
- LOL Anthony Tolliver with 21.
- Shelvin Mack is on the Hawks, not on the Sixers. He looks the same.
- Arnett Moultrie played 27 minutes! 8 points and 7 rebounds, 6 offensive. He was fine. Kudos on playing him, Doug.
- I did like how Dorell Wright played.
Go to Peachtree Hoops for peaches, I suppose.