Saying where Jason Thompson went to college makes me think of "Pony" by Ginuwine. - David Butler II-USA TODAY Sports
No, not that Isiah Thomas.
|February 1, 2013|
|Wells Fargo Center|
|Isaiah Thomas||PG||Jrue Holiday|
|Tyreke Evans||SG||Nick Young|
|John Salmons||SF||Evan Turner|
|Jason Thompson||PF||Thaddeus Young|
|DeMarcus Cousins||C||Spencer Hawes|
|2012/13 Advanced Stats|
|94.9 (12)||Pace||93.0 (22)|
|101.6 (15)||ORtg||99.5 (26)|
|108.4 (30)||DRtg||103.4 (18)|
A few bullet points:
- DeMarcus Cousins, he of the absurd basketball talent and on-again-off-again relationship with sanity, has been in something of a slump recently, but if you're a rebounder and you're not feelin' it, the Sixers' big men are good for what ails ya. I think he posts an easy double-double tonight. In fact, I think he parks his butt in the lane, walls off twice five miles of fertile ground and decrees a stately pleasure dome.
- This will likely be the last time the Sacramento Kings ever play in Philadelphia, since they're supposed to be moving to Seattle next year. I know we're supposed to be happy that Seattle gets its basketball back and the NBA rids itself of the Maloofs, but I can't help but be a little sad. There removal of professional sports from California's capital threatens to make the entire city a completely anhedonic wasteland.
- Speaking of anhedonic, Jimmer Fredette's in the house, which would have been a lot more exciting a couple years ago when he was still in college and anyone cared about him.
- I don't see very much of the Kings anymore, but with Cousins, Jimmer and Tyreke Evans in the rotation, I'm just going to assume that no one's passed the ball on that team since they got rid of Mike Bibby.
- The Kings are pretty flush with players who have ties to Philadelphia. John Salmons was born in Philly, went to high school in Plymouth Meeting and spent his first four NBA seasons with the Sixers. He's the guy the Sixers got for Speedy Claxton, which I bring up only to mention Speedy Claxton. Tyreke Evans is from Chester, and Jason Thompson went to Rider University in Lawrenceville. Thompson also grew up in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey and went to Lenape High School, which I assume, because I went to Eastern, makes him an asshole.
- Go check out Sactown Royalty, SB Nation's Kings blog.
Staying in on a Friday night and feel like chatting about the game? Look out below, because the LB writers and commenter glitterati will be out in force.