There is finally some concrete movement on the Sixers trade front. News regarding a possible Omer Asik trade has been in the news for the past week, but rumors of an acquisition of shooting guard Dion Waiters from the Cleveland Cavaliers surfaced today.
A source has provided Liberty Ballers with an update on both trade fronts:
- There is a "zero percent" chance the Sixers will acquire Waiters. The 22 year-old Philadelphia native is averaging 14.4 a game for the Cavaliers, but does not and has never looked likely.
- The Omer Asik situation has been described as "fluid", but a resolution seems near. Currently, Houston has "5-6" offers on the table for the Turkish big man. Houston has been seeking out a first round pick as part of any deal for Asik.
- The Sixers has been involved in one possible scenario, a deal which would involve Houston, Philadelphia, and a third team. Within that possible three team trade there are three scenarios, one in which the Sixers do end up with Asik.
- Within that three team trade being discussed, Boston is not currently involved.
- Currently, the deal at the forefront of the Asik negotiations is a two team deal not involving Philadelphia, and sources have indicated he is likely to end up somewhere other than the Sixers.
- Dion Waiters Wants Out of Cleveland, Sixers and Bulls Top Targets
- Tony Wroten and Michael Carter-Williams Backcourt of Fun
- Sixers Injury Update: Michael Carter-Williams, Nerlens Noel and Arnett Moultrie
- Omer Asik Trade Could Involve Sixers, Rockets, Third Team
- Sixers 94, Nets 130: The Curse of the Broken Toenail