Welcome to another edition of Casual Friday Sixers Links.
• In case you missed it earlier this week, Liberty Ballers became a Liberty Ballets, a dance blog. From here on out, posts on here will primarily focus on the proper ways to tango, the history of ballet, and the increasing popularity of the samba as we head to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
• Liberty Ballets's very own Roy Burton got married earlier this week. If you ask nicely, perhaps he will tell you what dances he broke out at his wedding.
• Missing you, basketball blogging.
• Want to share some
Sixers dance thoughts with the LB community? Write a FanPost. Do a good job on it and we may even promote it to the front page. I'll even link to it in this weekly links post too. You'll be famous!
• Go like the LB Facebook page!
• Follow LB on Twitter - @Liberty_Ballets. Hmm. Something appears broken. You can always follow our former blog @Liberty_Ballers as well.
• Follow all of our wonderful writers on Twitter:
Mike Levin (@Michael_Levin)
Tanner Steidel (@tsteidel)
Dave Rueter (@wheresbenrivera)
Justin F. (@JustinF_LB)
Brandon Lee Gowton (@BrandonGowton)
Roy Burton (@TheBSLine)
Rich Hofmann, Jr. (@rich_hofmann)
Mike Baumann (@MJ_Baumann)
Sean O'Connor (@soconnor76)
Jake Pavorsky (@JakePavorsky)
Jake Fischer (@JakeLFischer)
BEST OF LIBERTY BALLETS:
Evan Turner's Final Year of his Rookie Contract
Will Sam Hinkie toot it or boot it?
Countdown to Tanking: Liberty Ballers Style
Missed a Countdown post? Wish to re-live Tanner's review of Like Mike and the moment you lost your innocence by reading the comments and discovering the kid who played Ox grew up to play Todd in Breaking Bad? Check out all our pre-season Countdown posts here!
Daniel Orton and the Sixers: Crystal Blue Potential
DKO! DKO! DKO! DKO! DKO!
Report: Allen Iverson to Officially Retire On October 30
Report: Ed Stefanski to try and sign him to another basketball contract
A Sixers sales associate reached out to us in the FanPosts section. If you are looking for discounted prices and exclusive opportunities to watch the Sixers live this year, check it out.
76ers and Celtics: A lesson in basketball mortality - CBS Sports
"In this situation, Thaddeus Young is the deceased's consciousness trapped inside the mind unable to communicate, silently screaming into oblivion"
Hypothetical best-and-worse case scenarios: Philadelphia 76ers - Sporting News
Well this took a disturbing turn.
2013-14 New Orleans Pelicans Preview - SB Nation
The 2013-14 Pelicans are going to be playing an important role in the future of the Sixers (peeks around to see if anyone is looking, casually whispers "hi Jrue" in his general viscinity)
LeBron James to the Sixers in 2014? It's not as crazy as it sounds - NJ.com
Hah! Yeah! Right! And the Eagles are going to land Chip Kelly to replace Andy Reid! Keep dreaming, pipsqueak.
Hilarious: Watch Nick Young crash his toboggan while riding the Great Wall of China - The 700 Level
The more surprising headline here is you can toboggan down the Great Wall of China.
The 2013-2014 Philadelphia 76ers: A Narrative - Broad Street Hoops
Frequent Liberty Ballers commenter soman319 makes his writing debut at Broad Street Hoops narrating the narrative of the 2013-14 Sixers.
REMINDER - RULES OF THE THREAD: As long as you keep it clean (no cursing and please remember to wash your dance outfits before threading) and respectful, it's fair game. It's your thread - use it as you see fit.
Now, discuss! Happy Friday!